Re: Alt List correspondence on "Nabble'

From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs_at_silvergrain.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:20:57 -0400 (EDT)

I agree with Kees, Katherine and Don. I'm against it. It has one
serious problem and a few other potential problems. I'll just limit to
the serious one.

Posting by a stranger without signing up for the list should be
unacceptable. In my understanding, this list has some rule that one
should post with his/her real name. In the past, I have observed
evidence of people posting anonymously or with fake names from free
mail accounts, and when I was annoyed enough, I let others know about
it. Some of us probably remember what happended on APUG a few months
ago, as well. Free mail services are already becoming a problem with a
place with "speak with real name" policy. Unless people come to a
consensus to approve anonymous posting on this list, why should we
approve yet another way for people to post anonymously?