Re: Gertrude Käsebier

From: Sandy King <sanking_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:49:16 -0400

Don,

Born in the US but lived many years in France.
Also studied at the Pratt Institute in New York.
She began working in the Pictorialist style
around 1894 or 1895 while living in France. Many
of her works, of which one of the best known is
"Blessed are Though Amongst Women," are strongly
symbolic. Most of the prints I have seen by her
look as if they were made with gum.

Sandy