Re: Alt List correspondence and curmudeonlyness.

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:11:39 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 29/6/06 9:48:42 am, TERRYAKING@aol.com writes:

> > (I'm talking about the old Terry King - the argumentative curmudgeon
> >
> > I'm the same guy and I have not changed !

I thought that I might add to that, that I have introduced to this list
methods of making beautiful multicolour gum prints that need exposures of minutes,
methods of making negatives for platinum prints that give a wide range of
contrast and subtlety of gradation, making cyanotypes rex and gold prints that
are easy, consistent and cheap and yet some people here are not prepared to
listen.

I have a reputation on my workshops for being friendly helpful and
informative and teaching the method effectively by hands-on methods. I make the methods
simple rather than overcomplicated.
When I first joined this list this reputation came with me.

Suddenly I was attacked, in the way so many others have been, to the extent
that I am now called curmudgeonly.

Somehow it is reasonable to assume that the curmudeonliness lies elsewhere.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

www.hands-on-pictures.com/