Re: yupo and gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/09/06-02:48:17 PM Z

On Mar 9, 2006, at 12:30 PM, dklinker wrote:

> Hi Katherine the only thing i know about Yupo is that it is the
> substate
> that Pete and the Temperaprinters use because of it's dimentional
> stability
> and the fact that the Temperaprint emulsion sits on the surface,but i
> understand watercolour artists are now using Yupo as a support,have
> trawl on
> the web there is quite a lot of info.Dennis Klinker

Yes... I read an article in a recent watercolor magazine about using
yupo for watercolor, for example, , and a friend of mine who is a
very accomplished watercolor artist, uses it, or something similar, a
lot. You get really interesting results by letting the color run on
the plastic with more or less water in it, or by brushing it with
paint on a dry brush. But I don't quite see how this information
would be relevant to gum printing on yupo in general, or to the
information I provided about my experiences with printing gum on yupo
in particular?
kt