Re: yupo and gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/17/06-10:37:44 AM Z

One last thing from my experiments of last week printing gum on
yupo. I mentioned that I had found that by coating the yupo with a
dry brush, I could keep the image from washing or flaking off or
moving around on the plastic, but that the very thin dry coating,
besides being difficult to brush out smoothly, also tended to print a
bit paler and with less contrast than the same pigment mix coated the
usual way.

Just out of curiosity, I tried increasing the pigment to see if I
could increase the DMax/ contrast; here is the result:

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/Yupostain.html

This is a temporary page, but this image has also been incorporated
into this page on the permanent website:

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/tonalinversion.html

in case someone comes across this after the temporary page is gone
and wants to know what this is about.

Katharine