Re: yupo and gum

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 03/11/06-04:01:25 PM Z

On Mar 11, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Loris Medici wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the information/update Katherine. Why don't you try
>> Temperaprinter's method (fine foam roller)?
>>

> Because that's never worked for me at all, even on paper, so I
> can't imagine that it would work for me on plastic. And it sounds
> like Gord, who has a better mastery of the roller technique than I
> do, didn't find that it worked for him for gum on yupo.

Loris, I went ahead and tried the roller, just to make sure I wasn't
missing something; here's the result. I did manage to roll the
coating out thin enough that it stayed on the paper through
development, which I was skeptical of, and it seemed smooth enough
except for the pebbled effect which (for me at least) seems
inevitable with the roller, and which I dislike. Anyway in this
print the roller-coated emulsion printed an image that is grainy,
mottled, and the water even looks flocked, which is exceptionally
weird. I wouldn't try this again. But thanks for the question; one
never knows....

http://www.pacifier.com/~kthayer/html/Yupo3.html

Katharine