RE: the ******* manuals

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 03/18/06-09:09:00 PM Z

I think it has more to do with who is writing the manual than whom it is
intended. I was talking with technical support, one of those off shore
support calls, and the tech kept telling me "no problem". Well I just
couldn't help myself from telling him that that might not be the best phrase
to use since I was in fact calling in with ... Yes, A PROBLEM! It Is not
just that they assume you know more, but that the people doing the training
are all speaking the same dialect with all the same idioms.

I recently purchased a Nikon 9000 scanner. I went to apply my monitor
profile to the work flow and it would not work; invalid profile. I called
tech support and they told me that third party profiles are not supported.
Never mind that I had used a very reputable hardware/software package to
make it. They did not support it. I turned to the yahoo support group where
someone pointed out a simple fix. ( I forgot to select "all file types",
icc, icm.) But not one support person could provide that answer. SAD, very
sad. They did refer me to page 82-89 of the manual. Unfortunately my
printed copy only went to page 79 followed by French, Spanish, German.

Oh Well, damn the manual, I am scanning : )

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226