Mixing Argyrotypes

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/19/06-04:38:18 AM Z

In a message dated 18/03/2006 23:54:35 GMT Standard Time, rs@silvergrain.org
writes:

I don't have experience with Argryotype, but I know sulfamic acid
solution does not keep very well. Sulfamic acid (amidosulfuric acid)
decomposes to ammonia and sulfuric acid if kept in aquaous solution
for a long time. Keeping property is worst at high concentration and
high temperature. If you used a stock solution of this agent mixed
some time ago, I suggest to use fresh solution.

Can someone tell me why people go to all this trouble when it is far easier
to produce a salt print or straight Van Dyke print where the final result
can be just as beautiful if not more so.

Terry

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)

_www.hands-on-pictures.com/_ (http://www.hands-on-pictures.com/)