RE: An exchange with Mike Ware (on Argyrotype)

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 03/23/06-03:12:28 AM Z

I will recall the point I make according to EDTA (but not citric acid)
since I've just read that it will dissolve elemental silver - ruining
the image!!! Definitely no good for our Vandykes, Kallitypes,
Argyrotypes :)

Anyway, AFAIK (and if I'm not wrong) citric acid can dissolve iron
compounds making no harm to elemental silver).

Best regards,
Loris.