FW: An exchange with Mike Ware (on Argyrotype)

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 03/23/06-05:11:48 AM Z

Thanks Mike. Will seach for test methods in the internet. Hope to be
able this test in the future. Will certainly let you know the objective
results.

I don't exactly understand your last sentence; you say you don't see a
reason why properly processed - for instance, just as I described before
- Vandykes (or Kallitypes) shouldn't be as stable as Argyrotypes, then
you also say "but how stable that is, remains". Are you referring to the
stability of colloidal silver in general or are you hinting that
Argyrotype may still have the edge. If the latter, why? (This goes back
to one of my guesses / speculations in my original question to you:
since there's any silver nitrate dissolving effect over elemental
silver, the particles may be slightly bigger in Argyrotype when compared
to Vandyke - therefore exhibiting less surface area to pollutants /
oxidisers... On the other hand; since you said silver nitrate does so in
acidic environment, Kallitype - which is developed in alkali environment
- remains protected from silver nitrate's effect over elemental silver.)

Best regards,
Loris.