Re: Gloy is NOT PVA

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/25/06-01:33:11 PM Z

davidhatton@totalise.co.uk writes:

David

It is from the horse's moth that Gloy is made up of PVA + a plasticiser+a
preservative.

Terry

Hi All,

I know, it's an old subject but I would like a bit of information from
someone in the chemistry field. But first, in my search for the elusive and
almost extinct Gloy gum, I came across some interesting information. Two
quotes both from different sources state that the gum (Gloy) does
not contain any PVA.

Does anyone out there now of a date when PVA was discovered/invented? This
is directly relevant to the accuracy of this information.

Can anyone help?

David

Terry King FRPS

RPS Historical Group (Chairman)