RE: Gloy

From: Don Bryant ^lt;dstevenbryant@mindspring.com>
Date: 03/26/06-10:57:58 AM Z

Terry,

After all the Coca Company's original recipe for Coke contained cocaine .

That's not entirely accurate. As a commercial product the soft drink never
actually contained cocaine, it was supposedly made with coca leaves but not
pure cocaine. However for many many years, it was not unusual for some MDs
to prescribe a Coke with dope and have a pharmacist supply the doped product
by prescription only. I know one of my great aunts that received those
treatments back in the '50s.

There is also the story that Coke makes a good spermacide, aka. CCD; for
that a Pepsi might work just as well, but I would never drink a Pepsi. Which
brings me to this story, getting the topic back to alternative processes,
that a 7-Up can be used to clear plt/pld prints.

Don Bryant