Re: Gloy is NOT PVA

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/27/06-05:22:35 PM Z

In a message dated 27/3/06 4:25:21 pm, kthayer@pacifier.com writes:

Fifteen years or so ago i was asked to run a workshop at an art college with
a fine reputation. I was assured that the list of materials I needed would be
available. They were not. Among other things I needed was gum.

I sent out the students to scour the town. One came back with Gloy. Not only
did it work but it was more consistent than gum arabic and faster. It also had
the advantage that it worked with acrylics.
I spread the word including on this list. As Henkel would not sell the stuff
in the States, I even had a special stock set up at Heathrow for those
transiting so that they could take bottles back to the States.

Gloy was left out of the Henkel's catalogu=e by mistake last year. This year
it has been omitted on purpose.

Henkel kept the formula very secret. But recently ~H & S legislation has
meant that the tech sheets have become available. It is simple and easy to make.

Terry