New Gloy = Bakerex

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/28/06-05:14:56 AM Z

In a message dated 28/3/06 8:31:07 am, alt_list@albertonovo.it writes:

> TERRYAKING@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Henkel kept the formula very secret. But recently ~H & S legislation has
> > meant that the tech sheets have become available. It is simple and easy to
> make.
>
> ... and may you be so kind to tell us how?
>
> Alberto

The one I made, (from which I have made a triple exposure gum print using
acrylics), leaving out the colour and  preservative, consisted of about 3 parts
PVA , 2 parts glycerine and 95 parts water. Pop in the microwave,. bring to the
boil, and Bob's your uncle ! You may like to try your own variations. If
you want a preservative, add a couple of drops of Dettol when the Bakerex cools.
We call it Bakerex as Gloy does sound so cloying !

Keep it in a bottle as the water content evaporates but you can always add
more water to bring it back to the consistency you prefer..

Terry