Re: Papers for Argyrotype

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 03/28/06-06:22:13 AM Z

Ok, Dickblick lists that paper for $1 per 21"x31" sheet. I may order
some. Do you know if it also works well with Pd/Pd (more specifically,
Ziatype)? It's a pretty thin paper (77gsm). How's its wet strenght? Any
info? I guess it should be matted with a white backing since it's so
thin...

TIA,
Loris

  _____

From: Sam Wang (stwang@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 03/27/06-08:41:58 AM Z

Masa prints fine in the Epson 2200. One nice thing is that it come in
rolls and can easily be cut to print those long panoramic images.
Imagine 8-1/2 by 42 inch prints coming off your C88 printer.

Cyanotype prints OK on Masa.

Sam
On Mar 27, 2006, at 9:28 AM, Gerry Giliberti wrote:

> Thanks Mike. I'll take a chance and try some. I can always use it for
> other
> things.
>
> Gerry

Japanesque
>> paper, very thin. It renders images with a delicacy and precision
>> that are really squite tartling. Even pinhole images can pass for
film
>> when printed on this paper. I found the stuff (very cheap) in
>> Utrechts. I can't post samples, because I don't have a webpage; but
if
>> you're interested I can email you a couple JPGs.
>>
>> I think I tried Masa with cyanotype, but it all washed off. Maybe I'm

>> confusing that with Japon. It was a couple years ago. I'm back in the

>> saddle again, having just finished putting together my UV box, so
I'll
>> be doing some experiements with it. My first project, though, is to
>> work out the cyanotype layer for three-color you-know-what. I'm on
BFK