New Gloy = Bakerex

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/28/06-08:26:24 AM Z

In a message dated 28/3/06 2:22:40 pm, mail@loris.medici.name writes:

> And my question is. Which type of PVA (or PVAOH) do you use? As far as I
> can understand, there are different PVA's (or PVAOH's) with different
> viscosity; I remember reading somewhere that PVA (or PVAOH) used for
> making glues is PVA (or PVAOH) 25 (25 is the viscosity figure I
> presume).
>
> TIA,
> Loris.

Loris

It's a bit like Scotch, the effect seemes to vary depending how much water
one puts in it.

Now I have replaced my Baume hydrometer for my ferric chloride for gravure, I
will use it to measure
the viscocity of my Bakerex. I have tended to work at 17 degrees Baume in the
past. I intend to 'go into production' with the leasst expensive poly vinyl
alcohol which gives the best results..

Terry