Archival qualities

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/29/06-04:21:46 PM Z

Perhaps you misunderstood.

This was the point I made:

"This is surely on the basis that any image based on silver, which is more
subject to oxidation, is not going to be as stable as an image based upon, or
toned with,platinum,palladium or gold, That is a given. " Hardly a contradiction
as you suggest.

There is no argument that silver prints that are not gold toned are less
archival than platinum, for example.

The other rather obvious point was that prints which are properly processed
are likely to last longer, see my post in rreply to that from Sandy..

What is your objection to that ?

Terry