Re: Archival qualities

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Date: 03/30/06-04:16:27 AM Z

In a message dated 29/3/06 11:56:24 pm, rs@silvergrain.org writes:

> > adequately processed silver prints not involvong iron, have survived
> > in good condition for i60 years.
>
> It's ok if you quietly withdraw this statement and try to get me or
> Sandy to agree with you, but please don't tell me I'm misunderstanding
> on this one.

Misinterpret would probably have been better than 'misunderstood'', you
said::

>You initially stated that:

properly processed silver image --> archival

and now stating

improperly processed silver image --> not archival

These are different arguments.<

My statement above does not carry the same thought as your interpretation of
it.

You would find it difficult to demonstrate that my statement that there are
untoned silver prints from160 yeats ago in good condition. There are very few
admittedly given the lack of understanding and practical experience of fixing
at the time.

In fact, it is clear that we agree as to lesser archival qualities of silver
compared with gold or platinum.

Terry