Re: URL for platinum gum comparison

From: Christina Z. Anderson <zphoto_at_montana.net>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 09:04:37 -0600

Positively--I decided that until I had a carbon print for comparison, I
would choose the process that would make gum look the worst and compare, to
weight the comparison away from gum. The other reason for using pt/pd is
that it gives such an incredibly long tonal scale, especially in the
highlights where it shines and glows with delicacy, it would be a good
indication of long tonal range to compare with a short tonal range process.
I can get with both salt and pt/pd close to 31 steps on a 31 step tablet,
where gum is somewhere between 9 and 12.
chris