Re: Brush development of palladium prints. RE: Potassium Oxalate developer for Platinum printing

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 16:25:55 -0400 (EDT)

Mark

Of course one has to "to match the exposure scale of the PT/PD to fit the
density range of the negative." I prefer to do so by giving an appropriate
exposure and developing in a manner which gives the density and gradation I
want. The method ofr getting the negative right first gives me prints with the
contrast range and gradation I am looking for..

As currently fashionable platinum printing tends, to my eye, to lose in
subtlety of gradation, I prefer to follow my method of getting the negative
right rather than using contrast controls. That is my preference. You do things
your way, I'll do things mine.

I am sorry that this upsets you so much.

Terry.