Re: Brush development of palladium prints. RE: Potassium Oxalate developer for Platinum printing

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 04:48:28 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 3/5/06 1:39:23 am, sanking@clemson.edu writes:

> Terry,
>

> Then I must assume you have never actually printed a 21 or 31 step
> transmission wedge of log 3.0 in palladium and actually measured the densities step
> by  one of the steps at paper base white.
>

> Sandy

Sandy

You will have seen my reply to Mark.

The discussion here has been, to a great extent, at cross purposes.

I prefer to get my negatives right frst and not use tone controls. To my eye
this produces a better print.

This leaves to one side the question of why you would want to produce a
negative with a range of 2.9 for platinum printing or how you achieved those
densities using an ink jet printer.

Terry