Cyanotype paper question - Strathmore Bristol

From: Randall Ellis <reellis67_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 05:39:52 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone used this paper before? I just tried it out
for the first time and am quite impressed with the
results. It has a very smooth texture and seems to
hold up nicely in the wash without getting rough. The
tonal range I am getting is much better than the
watercolor papers I've tried and the sharpness is
fantastic as well. So far, I can do so much more with
this paper that I am considering using it exclusively.

Someone in another group was kind enough to give a
reference to an alt-process book that lists this paper
as good for Cyanotype and VDB so I think it should be
fine, but I'm not sure about is the pH - I hear it is
somewhere in the 6 range, but I can't verify. If
anyone has any info about long-term suitability for
cyanotype please let me know.

Thanks!

- Randy