Re: Cyanotype paper question - Strathmore Bristol

From: sam wang <stwang_at_clemson.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 09:10:15 -0400

Randy,

At one time Strathmore 500, the 100% cotton paper, was really great for
cyanotype and platinum/palladium. Everything you mentioned and more -
one of the toughest papers around and could stand rough handling when
wet as well as repeated erasure. Unfortunately, like so many other
papers, a recent batch is very different, to the degree that Sandy King
found it unsuitable for almost any alt process and is using his batch
up as carbon tissue support (VERY EXPENSIVE tissue support!).

If you happen to have a batch of the good stock, hold onto it! Hoard it
like gold!

Sam