borders (on prints)

From: Hellena Cleary <hellena_at_hncleary.plus.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 09:51:19 +0100

 As the next Travelling Portfolio season approaches, I would like to hear
what others think on the presentation of prints, with or without the border
areas created in the use of multiple registration techniques such as
Temperaprint or tri- colour gums. Some people think that it looks messy and
detracts from looking at the image. Others that it is maker's mark showing
the processes used in creating the print. I haven't made up my mind as to
whether it is better to remove it or not. Any thoughts? Hellena