Re: Beginner Density Questions & Digital Negs

From: G Guhan Gunaratnam <guruguhan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:33:58 -0400

Thanks Michael,

You cleared up a bit of the confusion. Iım still wondering if it generally
proves harder to keep the detail in the highlights than in the shadows (is
this why density is such an issue?) Iım not new to inkjet printing and the
concept of fitting a tonal range to a particular media type is not new to
me, but unfortunetaly, even in inkjet printing I havenıt dabbled with a
densitometer.

I find Claytonıs articles and posts on the Digi B&W list very informative.

³The actual negative density could go as high or higher than 2.7 for pt/pd,
or 19< steps on a T2115 wedge² - so higher density translates into greater
tonal range...yes?

Thanks again,
Gu