RE: Vandyke Brown with Citric Acid

From: Don Bryant <dstevenbryant_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:30:02 -0400

Sandy,

What is your soaking procedure? And don't you get the above? Never
know for sure with this paper since it is not as consistent as some
of the best papers.

Sorry, I hope I didn't confuse you. The 1.5 DMAX I quoted for palladium 1s
mixture was made on Cot 320. I've never presoaked Stonehenge.

I have presoaked Fabriano Artistico Extra White and BFK for 20 minutes in a
2% oxalic acid bath and had beautiful results with palladium and kallitype
(except for the persistent staining with kallitype regardless of paper or
clearing agent but that's another story.)

I sold the NuArc 26-1k locally to make room for the ULF-28.

Yes I noticed your ad on APUG and was tempted to buy it but right now I just
have no room for another UV light unit. My wife refuses to let me put one in
the living room. :) I even passed on an opportunity to purchase an 8x10
Chromega enlarger sold locally. Originally a $21k enlarger, it sold on e-bay
for $950.

Don