Re: More questions

From: david drake <daviddrakephoto_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:13:00 -0400

Gu,

I live in Toronto and I use Nymoc (416-465-1929) It's a small
business who supply to schools ect. They're nice guys. They also
carry brown glass bottles in all sizes, which can be tricky to find.
I ordered some palladium sol. NO. 3 from B&S fairly recently and I
don't recall paying duty. Try and avoid UPS, they always really gauge
you for brokerage fees.
Usually, if it sent USPS, you pay only the tax.
As for chemical reference, I came across this site a little while
back: http://www.jackspcs.com/chemdesc.htm

david

On 17-May-06, at 10:56 PM, G Guhan Gunaratnam wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> Sorry, I have a bunch of random questions...
>
> What is the purpose of the Oxalic Acid in Ferric Oxalate solutions?
> Is there a definitive reference on the web for all info on chems?
> (wikipedia seems quite good, but just wondering if there’s
> something that’s better) - I’ve got MSDSs from Sigma-Aldrich
> What’s the process of making Potassium Chloroplatinate and
> Palladium Chloride from its constituent elements? (not planning on
> doing this or anything, would like to read the process though)
> Are there any other Canadian dealers for chems other than JDPhotochem?
> When importing chems (non hazardous) into Canada, are duties
> incurred (I know there will be PST and GST, just wonderiing about
> duty).
> Which chemicals, in dry form, have particularly short shelf lives
> (for pt/pd, kallitype, cyanotype)? - Sandy has already told me that
> Pt/Pd salts have a longer life in solution
>
> Thanks a lot, any help is appreciated!
>
> Gu

david drake photography
daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca