RE: More questions - KAuCl2 vs AuCl3 - it's KAuCl4

From: Loris Medici <mail_at_loris.medici.name>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 21:08:54 +0300

Ok, it seems that the compound I use is anhydrous KAuCl4... The gold seller
told me 1.92 gr of this compound has 1 gr pure gold and when you check this
figure against anhydrous KAuCl4, they match each other. I just finished
toning an Argyrotype with fresh thiourea-gold toner and it tones to
completion in about 1 minute (completion is: no further color change and/or
considerable slowing of color change).

BTW, palladium toning is gone forever for me; the gold toned print is just
as I want it (in terms of contrast, color and dmax). Palladium toned print
looks anemic when compared to the gold toned print (thioure-gold that is).
Will send scans of three prints (untoned, palladium toned & gold toned)
later, when the prints are dry.

Regards,
Loris.