RE: Argyrotype: Untoned & toned...

From: Loris Medici <mail_at_loris.medici.name>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 22:45:09 +0300

Hi Yves,

It has stronger dmax, consequently stronger contrast... I mean with the gold
toned one, shadows look like shadows, not dark midtones...

I was gold-toning Vandykes and the results were very similar. Argyrotype's
main difference with Vandyke is that I can reach the same dmax without
double coating. Also, the brown is a little bit cooler with Argyrotype.

Regards,
Loris.

  _____