Re: Argyrotype: Untoned & toned... (new file)

From: Loris Medici <mail_at_loris.medici.name>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 00:39:52 +0300

I uploaded another copy of the gold toned print that looks like what I
see under tungsten
illumination:http://www.loris.medici.name/Au_Toned_Argyrotype_2.jpgI
had to colorize the scan in order to approximate what I see - the
scanner (w/ fluorescent lightsource) was somehow uncapable of
reproducing the original color.Regards, Loris.
______________________________Argyrotype: Untoned & toned... From:
Loris Medici (mail@loris.medici.name) Date: 05/20/06-04:12:49 PM
ZOrijinal untoned Argyrotype: 1)
http://www.loris.medici.name/First_Argyrotype.jpg Palladium toned
Argyrotype: 2) http://www.loris.medici.name/Pd_Toned_Argyrotype.jpg
Gold toned Argyrotype: 3)
http://www.loris.medici.name/Au_Toned_Argyrotype.jpg Toning was made
before fixing for 2 and 3. 2 and 3 are from the same negative, 1 is
from the first negative. Second negative was made by darkening (a
little bit) the shadows of the orginal file (using the following
curve: in-out values 0-0, 64-56, 128-128, 192-192, 255-255). As you
can see the Pd toned print is quite poor in contrast and shadow
density departments. Also, there's a strange yellow staining of paper
base. The gold toned print isn't that much neutral actually. It looks
quite warm under tungsten lighting - I guess it scans like that
because of the flourescent scanner light. I liked much the results I
got with Argyrotype + gold-toning combination. For the moment I
consider this combo as the holy grail of iron-silver printing. A nice
Sunday to all, Loris.