Re: oil prints

From: henk thijs <henk.thijs_at_hetnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 23:39:18 +0200

I am not so sure about the problem with the fixer. Using a.o. Kentmere
, Agfa and Fotokemika papers for the bromoil proces, I just used
'normal' B/W fixer with no problem (fixing after developing to create
the positive, and again after bleaching/tanning making the matrix). If
there would be a nasty effect on the matrix in Witho's case, it also
must happen in making the matrix for a bromoil , or??.
My experience with the oil printing is mainly the fact that the info I
got from the books was misleading, what helped me out was a 6 %
gelatine coating repeated at least 3 times and using a 5%
pot.dichromate .
The temperature John mentioned looks a bit tricky to me , the swelling
could become a melting , or?
Anyway , after weeks of frustrating disasters , using the numbers I
found in the literature, I created a lot of acceptable oil-prints up to
50x60 cm with ordinary paper negatives .
Cheers,
Henk

www.thijs-foto.com