Re: was oil prints -selective inking; now distorted images

From: Catherine Rogers <crogers_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:23:00 +1000

"Gordon J. Holtslander" wrote

> Hi:
>
> My pinhole shots are on large format lith film processed for continuous
> tone. I want to try making some cameras that will produce very
> abstracted/distorted images. Just a matter of creating more time in my
> day.

Gord,

I am experimenting with making anamorphic pinhole cameras. Mostly modifying
my (very standard) cameras I have made. It feels both strange and exciting
to put a carefully made and finished 10" x 8" timber camera through a large
circular saw, take a large chunk out of the middle of it, then put the two
ends together and make it light-tight. Doesn't look so pretty any more -
simply a very functional camera. I am also modifying some of my cardboard
cameras. I have figured that I can take care of the resulting exposure
irregularities through photoshop using the gradient tool. I hope...

I think that there is probably no end to the possibilities of image
'distortion' with pinhole cameras. I look forward to learning about or
seeing your progress Gord.

cheers Catherine