Re: Digital Sucks - off topic

From: Greg Schmitz <gws1_at_columbia.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 05:32:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 May 2006, Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> Greg,
>
> Where in Alaska? Years ago my brother lived in Juneau...I spent 6 weeks
> visiting him... he lived outside town in a trailor.... it rained really hard
> nearly all six weeks..... I felt like I was living inside a metal drum with
> someone pounding on it...

I'm in Anchorage, for now - only 40 minutes from Alaska (people used
to say "only 10 minutes" but there's been lots of development). I
spent a month in Juneau last year - beautiful area and much different
than here in South Central. While I was in Juneau it only rained a
couple of times which, according to NOAA records, was a disconnect
from the past; a side effect of global warming (we had a record
forest fire season last year, and the year before that and the year
before that; this year is expected to be even worse.)

> I actually like it all....film...digital...all great tools. I'm easy.

True enough, but the few advantages that digital photography brings to
"the table" does not seem to justify the cost or the time expenditure
involved. Living in the real world I expect photographers won't have a
much of choice in the future.

Best -greg