Positive Oil prints from positive prints.

From: John Grocott <john.grocott403_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 11:16:00 +0100

Hello again Henk and Witho et al,
                  In my latest attempt I have come accross this phenomenon of the matrix inking up as a negative after exposing thru' a negative. It is mentioned in Luis Nadeau's excellent book,
'' History and Practice of Oil and Bromoil Printing,'' in the section, '' troubleshooting guide for the oil process. '' It says the cause for this has been described as ''unknown''.
      I am going to try exposing thru' a positive paper print to see if it produces a matrix that will ink up as a positive. A new process? ?
      Excessive exposure to white light after the UV exposure or during the washing out of the Dichro is suggested as a cause of this. Would'nt it be great to exploit this ''problem'' to our advantage ? ! Or has it already been done ? ?
             Any thoughts, you guys ?
           Cheers. John.