Positive Oil prints from positive prints

From: John Grocott <john.grocott403_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 14:57:27 +0100

Hi Henk, What I am suggesting is that it would be interesting to make use of this ''problem'' of the negative oil matrix. By using a positive print which could be a Resin Coated or digital or, whatever, as the contact exposure for the oil matrix. This would give us a POSITIVE oil image. I must back track to see if I can remember exactly what I did to make the negative result. By the way, I am working on paper with this experiment. The Alu support has got side tracked, for the time being.
           Thanks for the references you gave. These clues can really be useful. Luis Nadeau has always seemed to me to be a dealer in information more than a practising photographer, but that's OK. I feel rather like that, myself, of late since this List has received more attention.
           Will report on experiment in due course.
             As ever. John.