Re: VanDyke problem

Larry Bullis (lbullis@ctc.ctc.edu)
Thu, 7 Apr 1994 13:05:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 8 Apr 1994, Carson Graves wrote:

Can't help with the Rives Platinotype problem. I'm looking for a Dan
Smith catalog and can't seem to find it. It'll turn up. I need to stop
on down there and see if the horror stories I've been hearing are true.

> RE: wet time. One story which might amuse you was that some years ago
> when I was doing some gravure printing, I found that BFK really didn't
> produce smooth prints until it had soaked for at least a week. Had to
> keep it in the fridge so it wouldn't fall apart.

Do try the roll BFK if you feel like spending a hundred bucks and dealing
with a huge long roll. I keep it out in the garage.

RE: fridge. I met a really weird guy at a party once who handed me a
business card which identified him as a "refrigerator developer". Seems
he kept his d76 in the refrigerator, and when he developed film he would
load it in a tank, pour in the cold developer, put the whole thing back
in and leave it there for weeks. I've always meant to try it.

Larry
lbullis@ctc.ctc.edu