Re: one-step direct negative films?

Virginia Boehm (gini@ix.netcom.com)
Sun, 5 Mar 1995 14:03:12 -0800

You wrote:

>Does anyone have information on what films are currently avaailable for
>one-step direct negatives from a negative. In past literature I have
seen
>such names as Kodak as SO-339 and Kodak 4168 mentioned as one-step
negative
>materials. Are these still being marketed by Kodak? Are there any
others
>by other manufacturers?
>
>Sandy King

There is an Arista high speed darkroom duplicating film that
I've used. Its intended to create contact-sized negatives
by enlarger projection from film negatives. It can be
processed, using a red safelight, in convetional b&w
paper chemistry. It works very well. The only
drawback is that it beats up on chemistry,
particularly fixer, as there is a lot of silver.
Gini