Re: P.O.P Negatives

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Tue, 14 Mar 95 22:46 GMT

>Does anyone have some good recomendations for negative/developer
>combinations, times etc...for negatives to be used with P.O.P or albumen
>paper.

When I did this sort of stuff, I used Ilford Ortho film and developed by
inspection (using a very dim red light), usually using a Universal
Developer (Ilford or Paterson) as these are very clean working (i.e. give
little base fog). I have also used Amidol developers.

The universal developers can also be used with panchromatic films such as
Ilford FP4, but there you have to work by time/temperature. I would have
thought HC110 would also be a suitable developer.
Peter