Re: Subscribe Info

Juan F. Sanz Cervera (JSANZ@vm.ci.uv.es)
Fri, 07 Apr 95 08:52:03 MED

On Fri, 7 Apr 1995 07:43:28 +1000 Charles Stephanian said:

>I've lost the information needed to subscribe to both this group and the
>Photo History group (and any other relevant Photo lists).
>I'd like this info for a friend who teaches Photography.
>
>Thanks!
>Charles Stephanian
>csteph@itsa.ucsf.edu

Charles,
I think that the info you are looking for is contained in the following
posting, taken from the rec.photo groups. I hope it will be useful.
Regards,

Juan F. Sanz Cervera
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Universidad de Valencia
jsanz@vm.ci.uv.es
Spain

already in operation on the Internet along with what is the resurrected self of
the "grandaddy" of all, namely Photo-L which for several years operated out of
BU and now is at Cleveland State. For your information, here is the current
lists of photo lists as far as I know them. Additions, deletions and
coorections are most welcome. Please send them to me, andy, at andpph@rit.edu

several photo related lists w/subscription instructions

If you would like to engage in discussions about photography and imaging
you might consider subscribing to an e-mail discussion group. Several of
these lists are mentioned below. Just follow instructions and you will
receive further information when each list accepts your "subscription".

Andy Davidhazy, andpph@rit.edu, School of Photographic Arts and Sciences, RIT
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE PHOTOFORUM "your real name here"
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
general photo, emphasis on photo/imaging education + professional practice
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE PHOTO-3d "your real name here"
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
discussion about stereo and 3D photos - not computer generated images
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE PHOTO-L "your real name here"
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
general photography from basic to advanced, equipment, travel, aesthetics
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE Minolta-L "your real name here"
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
minolta cameras and minolta cameras practice
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE EOS
(or say SUBSCRIBE EOS "your e-mail address here") and then send msg.
Canon EOS cameras and EOS cameras in practice
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS "your real name here"
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
silver, non-silver, obsolete processes, modifications to current processes
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE NPPA-L <your name here>
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
central electronic meeting place for visual communicators, news photographers,
photo editors, systems and graphics editors, freelancers, page designers,
journalism educators, students, for discussion of topics of prof. interest
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE STOCKPHOTO <your name here>
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
a list dealing with anything that relates to the stock photography industry.
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE PHOTOHST <your name here>
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
emphasis on photo history, related items also welcome esp. w/historic twist
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE PHOTO-CD "your real name here"
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
supported by Kodak - everything and more about Photo-CD
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE OPTIMAL <firstname lastname>
where is says: <firstname lastname> sub. your first+ last name and send msg.
specialized list geared particularly to opthalmic photographers
Leave the SUBJ: line blank
in body of message write only the following material and no more:
SUBSCRIBE PHOTSHOP <your name here>
where is says: your real name here substitute in your real name and send msg.
(Note the missing middle "o" in Photshop.)
a photoshop users discussion group different than the "photoshop" list above