Re: Neg for carbon, and Denglass

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 16 Jun 1995 14:33:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jun 1995, Sam Wang wrote:
> On Luis' comments about Denglass. Yes, they are still making it. I don't
> glass". It is fantastic stuff. Side by side comparison shows dramatically
> how much regular glass kills the surface qualities of fine images. It's
> supposed to block out 90% of UV light as well. On the negative side, it
> does have a slight blue cast, gets discolored by finger prints easily
> (just like your multicoated camera lens), and quite expensive - the

Thanks for info... I'd assumed this was like the
"anti-UV glass" I'd seen, which has a frosted look & is death on art.
I'm using just the size of photo (no mat) as frame opening, so the
cost becomes even less. Trust I can get it here. (It's the plain masonite
-- no texture -- for frames I bought 10 years ago I can't get.)
But I keep a piece of (regular window) glass in the studio and test finished
prints under it. Ugh!

More to follow,

Judy