Re:Slow start

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 02:43:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Aug 1995, Adam Kimball wrote:
> There are many people out there who are striving to be masochists-
> desiring to get into a process (labyrinth?) that they will never get out
> of. Thats cool with me as well. What I want to do is provide an

Adam is absolutely right. Let's be totally mercenary about it...the more
people doing "non-silver" the more we'll be able to get
supplies. He is exceptionally public spirited.

Except, maybe "quick start" isn't the best term, the
implications being too much in line with all that's most
disturbing in the culture. I guess you look for the fine line between
being so mysterioso it keeps people out and oversimplifiying.

> meant to get people going. I have a feeling that once you see a gum-print
> develop out, your half-way to getting hooked and loosing your mind (no
> offense Judy ;)

Once you've lost your mind, Adam, you haven't got the wherewithal for
taking offense.

All I want to do is set up a resource, so someone,

I would say what's wrong with buying a book except too many
high-production value current books on these processes are TERRIBLE.

> The page will also provide "advanced" people with lots of info as well.
> All of the alt-process mail will be archived according to subject and will

I hope you won't make it too seductive. I've vowed to stay away.

Judy