Re: Film for enlarged negatives

Thomas Blomkvist (troo@xgw.fi)
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 23:38:46 +0300

At 04:42 7/9/95 +1000, you wrote:

>If you have a continuous tone red-light-safe sheet film available at a
>reasonable price, I'd say get a freezer full. They've just about vanished
>over here. How big is it? Can we get some?

Well, at least it was available some 8 months ago, haven't checked after
that. The price here in Finland was about $230 for a box of 50 30x40 cm
sheets. That would probably translate to something like $120 - $130 in the
USA. I think they're available in sizes from 18x24 cm to 50x60cm and can be
ordered from Agfa. Give them a call.

>If your film really changes contrast with color filtering (does it say
>that on data sheet or could this be simply effect of more or less exposure?)
>get two freezers full......

I have been using Gevarex in workshops only so I haven't even seen a data
sheet, but I have seen the densitometer readings change. And I'm talking
about density ranges here, not max or min densities only.

I wish I had the money to get even one box of this film, let alone a freezer
full :-)

Thanks,

| Thomas Blomkvist troo@xgw.fi |
| Finland ******* |