Re : negs on laser printers

Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.EDU)
Sat, 9 Sep 1995 13:48:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 9 Sep 1995, Philip Trauring wrote:
> To make negatives on a laser printer, do you just use laser transparency
> film? What are the brands available?

Philip, I own a generic laser 300 dpi printer w/emulated postscript,
bought 4 years ago. I use micro-fine toner in recycled cartridges and
print negs from images scanned by my Hi-8 video camera. though the
quality is not good, I even hold 35mm negs to the surface of the lens to
scan them ... I even do color negs, etc.
When working on the image in PS and setting type etc. I then save it as a
grayscale image and then turn it into a diffusion dithered bitmap and go
to page setup and make it to print negatively and, oila, use Apollo (60
Trade Zone Court, Ronkonkoma, NY, 11779) Transparency Film For Laser
Printers and take it into the darkroom and make prints. Certainly it is
not photo-realistic quality but mighty fine in its own right.
Jack Fulton
***The eye is the Pencil of Nurture***