----------

From: alt-photo-process@vast.unsw.edu.au on behalf of Art Chakalis
Sent:
mercredi 13 septembre 1995 22:27
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject:
Digital Negatives

I am interested in anyone's experience in using some
of the latest laser
or ink jet printers to create negatives on transparency
film. I work with
gum and/or a variation on Fresson both of which would
seem to be well
suited to printing with a 600 to 1200 dpi negative. The
machines I'm
considering are the Lexmark Optra R (1200 dpi laser) or the HP
855C (600
dpi jet).

Experience with digital negatives and/or equipment
recommendations would
be appreciated. Thanks, Art Chakalis