Re: Buxton paper

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sat, 28 Oct 95 23:18 GMT

> Hi folks,
>
> To all who are interested in the continuing saga of Buxton paper, I
> am pleased to report that I have just received a fax from Jeremy
> Youngs of John Purcell Paper. He is sending me samples of the Buxton
> and Van Gelder Simili Japon along with a price list. He also says
> that they commission the making of Buxton (which is handmade) in
> quantities of at least 500 sheets. Basically this means that if we
> could come up with a group order of at least 500 sheets, we could
> obtain it through JPP. Smaller quantities are available through:
> Silverprint
> 12 Valentine Place
> London [I can't make out the postal code]
> Fax: 0171-620-0129
> Tel: 0171-620-0844

Postcode is SE1 8QH.
Silverprint are always very helpful - nice people to deal with. They
carry a wide range of materials for photographic fine printing. If
you're in London they are 5 minutes walk from Waterloo station. Hours
are 9.30-5.30 Mon-Fri.
They have a minimum mail order value of 50 pounds by the way - 10 sheets
of Buxton paper is 46.81 in the latest catalogue (+vat for EU
customers).

They also list the following papers:

Silversafe, 10 sheets 200gsm 9.24
(also in 40 gsm for interleaving prints)
Cranes Parchment, 10 sheets 9.50
Arches Platine 10 sheets 16.00

Peter
petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk