Bounced message...

Steve Avery ((no email))
Thu, 09 Nov 1995 15:11:26 +1100

Hi all,
Judy sent this to the list, and it bounced because of the
subject (moral: don't use a subject "unsubscibers"!).

cheers
-steve

-----------------------<bounced mesg follows>-------------------------

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995, Tom Bregante wrote:

> EXCUSE me please, but if you want to carry on a private conversation
> shouldn't you do it away from the alt-photo-process mailing list! If this
> kind of stuff continues a lot of people will be unsubscribing.
>
> Tom

I seem to have missed the original sin, the "private conversation"
having never gotten here. It would seem from the quoted fragment however
that something was INADVERTENTLY sent "to all subscribers." Listproc will
do that kind of thing if you are the least bit inattentive -- it has
certainly happened to me, and I was very grateful that no one snapped back
with threats to "unsubscribe."

But however it happened and however intended it seems odd for someone who
has NEVER to my knowledge previously contributed to the group discussion
to come on in such high dudgeon while the "perpetrator" has been a
long-time excellent, generous, knowledgeable contributor. This heavy
"threat" is not only foul-tempered, uncalled-for & out-of-line -- it's
positively bizarre. (For the same fella to be asking the list for info a
few minutes later, gives new meaning to the word chutzpah!)

Even more disturbing, this is the second time in about a week someone has
come on with a FIRST POST threat to "unsubscribe." Hello? They're not
paying our way, as magazine subscribers do or by their numbers attracting
advertisers. Rather they have been getting plenty info with no effort or
input or commitment at all.

This unaccountable snappishness is disturbing to the tenor of a
life-enhancing group. And a puzzle ..... are we going for the
most-subscribers prize? Who gives it? Do we want it? What else will bring
on this threat? What if I press the wrong button? Ooops!

(Now if a steady contributer like Bob Schramm unsubscribed, it would be a
loss.)

Judy