Re: UV Sources

Beakman (beakman@netcom.com)
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 16:40:30 -0800 (PST)

> On Mon, 27 Nov 1995, Keith Schreiber wrote:
>
> > I spent last week at a BTZS workshop with Phil Davis who I'm sure
> > some of you know or know of. Besides myself, there were 2 other pt/pd
> > printers so much conversation related to alternative processes. Phil
> > is the person responsible for the sodium dichromate method of
> > contrast control described in Dick Arentz's book on pt/pd process. In

[snip]

> of cool whites, i use the uncoateds. See my article "the platinotype" in
> the Jan. 94 issue of View Camera magazine.
> I would suggest you try my hydrogen peroxide method of contrast
> control as outlined in the July 94 issue of the same magazine, as it
> offers advantages over all other contrast control methods.

I have done extensive experimentation with virtually all the forms of
contrast control, and found that for my materials and working methods the
sodium dichromate method me offered more flexability, consistancy, and
contrast range than any other method, including hydrogen peroxide.

David Fokos