Re: Print on watercolour paper

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Wed, 29 Nov 95 22:00 GMT

The BEST liquid emulsion is made by Kentmere in the UK. although not
marketed under there name so far as I am aware. It is sold under a variety
of names, including the 'SE' series from Silverprint (SE1 normal emulsion,
SE2 high contrast, SE3 warm tone.) They don't list the SE2 in the latest
price list but it may still be available.

Products similar (or identical) to SE1 (probably also made by Kentmere)
include:

Tetenal Work Black & White Photographic Emulsion
Fotospeed Liquid Emulsion

The Tetenal product is widely available in Europe, and is I think imported
to the US - not sure about the others. Silverprint certainly send mail order
internationally, but this may cost a bit; they have a minimum order or 50 UK
pounds - the cost of l litre of either emulsion (also available in 240ml
size).

Liquid light is roughly 5 stops slower than the SE1 emulsion; UK price is
identical to the Silverprint emulsion.

Silverprint are in London, Tel: 0171 620 0844