Re: Image on stone

Philip Jackson (pjackson@nla.gov.au)
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 13:32:26 +22303754 (EETDT)

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Kevin Lock wrote:

> Over the last week a news story broke about a farmer in a Western
> Australian wheatbelt town (Merriden), who with his son out walking received
> a message from God and subsequently found an image of Christ on a
> relatively flat piece of granite. Local businesses saw a Lourdes type
> bonanza!
> Unfortunately another farmer produced an identical image of Christ from a
> clip art package from Corel Draw. How did the image get onto the
> rock as a postive with a clear background?
> The farmer and his son are fundamentalist christians

I also saw a brief news item about this. I assumed it was just laser
printed and then heat transferred to the rock, like the iron-on t-shirts
those colour laser copy places produce. The dimensions seemed rather close
to the standard A4 photocopy size. What I can't explain is how whoever did
it plugged in their iron out there (;-)

Philip Jackson
pjackson@nla.gov.au