U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Liquid Emulsion Questions

Liquid Emulsion Questions

Hello, I am an artist working in Oakland CA. To make a long story as short as possible here is my dilemma:
I want to make high contrast, Liquid emulsion prints on plywood Approximately 4'x4'
I need to set up a system in a darkroom so I can coat, expose and fix the piece of wood in a standardized way, meaning I need to have a set-up so that it is consistent.
With that set up, I need to find a way to not get chemistry all over the floor. I have tried using a plastic drop cloth, but I have no way to collect and properly dispose of the chemistry, especially the hazardous fixer.
I also need to know if I can expose the Variable contrast Black Magic emulsion with a slide projector and a number 5 filter? I've used rockland colloid AG-Plus before (on watercolor paper) and had decent results, but not high enough contrast.
I Also need to know what kinds of developers, fixers, etc would work best for this project??
I'd love to hear any and all suggestions, especially from artists who have done this sort of thing before.
I really appreciate your help!!!!
Best,
Philip Ringler

Share your special moments by uploading 500 photos per month to Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features